I have been playing FFXIV for about a month now & here are some of the things I love, so far.
- automatic looting, no need to click or anything, just get loot
- can't fall off of (most) cliffs & shit
- drop rates/quest items, no more Zhevra hooves (ugh)
- earrings w/stats, & you can see them & necklaces on your char
- mount acquisition, do a quest, get a Chocobo, easy
- player housing system, as in they actually have one (listening Blizzard?)
- quest progression, very easy to figure out what to do next
- travel systems, there are so many ways to get around the world
- unlock flying by finding some things & doing a few quests, no needless grinding
Now here are a few things I don't like, even hate.
- interactive cutscenes, you can't just watch, you have to click click click
- lots of unnecessary clicking, there is just way too much clicking in this game
- actually getting a player house, good luck
- targeting range is really short
- turning in quest items is very cumbersome & very clicky
- unit frames are hard to see & tell if something is hostile or not
- the world map is just a mess, it needs to be static & the controls need to be larger, & right click to move up a level, plus instance zones don't show the world, it's a complete mess!
- zone loading screens are a huge distraction. PS3 needs them, but get rid of them for the rest of us
- world instanced zone transitions are also a mess & require too much clicking
Okay, so I'm 50/50 on my love/hate for FFXIV. Overall I am really loving it, the annoyances are not that big of a deal & are far outshined by the good parts of the game.